What are possible serious side effects with ENSPRYNG?
ENSPRYNG can cause serious side effects including:
1. Infections: ENSPRYNG can increase your risk of serious infections, some of which can be life threatening. Talk to your healthcare provider if you are being treated for an infection or call them right away if you think you have signs of an infection, with or without a fever, such as:
- chills, feeling tired, muscle aches, cough that will not go away or a sore throat
- skin redness, swelling, tenderness, pain or sores on your body
- diarrhea, belly pain, or feeling sick
- burning when you urinate or urinating more often than usual
Your healthcare provider will check if you have an infection and treat it if needed before you start or continue to take ENSPRYNG.
2. Increased liver enzymes: Your healthcare provider should order blood tests to check your liver enzymes before and while you are taking ENSPRYNG. Your healthcare provider will tell you how often you will need to have these blood tests. Make sure you get all of your follow-up blood tests as ordered by your healthcare provider. Your healthcare provider will tell you if you need to wait to start ENSPRYNG if your liver enzymes are increased.
3. Low neutrophil count: ENSPRYNG can cause a decrease in your neutrophil counts in your blood. Neutrophils are white blood cells that help the body fight off bacterial infections. Your healthcare provider should order blood tests to check your neutrophil count while you are taking ENSPRYNG.
4. Serious allergic reactions: Serious allergic reactions that may be life-threatening have happened with other medicines like ENSPRYNG. Tell your healthcare provider before taking your next dose if you had hives, rash, or flushing after your injection. Seek medical attention right away if you have any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, such as:
- shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- swelling of your lips, face, or tongue
- dizziness or feeling faint
- moderate or severe stomach (abdominal) pain or vomiting
- chest pain
What are the most common side effects with ENSPRYNG?
The most common side effects of ENSPRYNG include:
- sore throat, runny nose (nasopharyngitis)
- extremity pain
- upper respiratory tract infection
- inflammation of the stomach lining (gastritis)
- joint pain (arthralgia)
These are not all the possible side effects of ENSPRYNG.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects to Genentech at 888-835-2555. For more information, call 844-NSPRYNG.